Here is the solved Sample Question Paper for Social Work NET Preparation.
The answers are provided in the bold.
1. Which one of the following is not a part of social case work process?
(D) Content Analysis
2. In order to find the degree of relationships, we have to use a statistical test called
(C) Chi-square test
(D) Pearson’s correlation
3. “Papers on Social Work – An Indian Perspective” was written by
(A) G.R. Banerjee
(B) G.R. Madan
(D) Marula Siddaiah
4. World Summit on Social Development was held in the year
(A) 1994 (B) 1995
(C) 1996 (D) 1963
5. The Theory of Demographic transition includes
(A) High birthrate and high deathrate
(B) Rapidly falling deathrate and high birthrate
(C) Low birthrate and low deathrate
(D) All the above
6. Pilot study refers to
(A) Preliminary testing of the tools used for the research.
(B) Follow up study done within a year after the original study.
(C) Preliminary study conducted on a limited scale before the original study.
(D) Macro level study undertaken to test the hypothesis.
7. What Rights are Human Rights?
(A) Rights which are provided by Constitution of India.
(B) Rights which are Fundamental.
(C) Rights provided to all human beings by nature.
(D) Rights desired by human beings.
8. Diagnostic School of Social Case Work was developed by
(A) Ross (B) Jung
(C) Rank (D) Mead
9. Public Interest Litigation refers to
(A) Mechanism to provide justice out of the Court.
(B) To provide speedy justice.
(C) To provide justice to poor, needy and weaker sections of society with the help of the NGOs’ and media.
(D) None of the above.
10. Paulo Friere’s approach could be briefly stated as
(A) Organization of services for people.
(B) Mobilization of community leaders.
(C) Action-reflection process with people.
(D) Identification of target systems for work.
11. Which of the following is not a social process ?
12. Which of the following is a correct matching?
(A) Juvenile Justice Act – 1985
(B) Untouchability Offences Act – 1954
(C) Dowry Prohibition Act – 1962
(D) Factories Act – 1948
13. Panchayati Raj Institutions in India have brought about one of the following:
(A) Eradication of untouchability
(B) Land ownership to depressed classes
(C) A formal representation of weaker sections in village governance
(D) Spread of education
14. Who is the author of the book “Social Group Work – A Helping Process” ?
(A) Wilson G and Ryland
(B) Trecker H.B.
(C) Philips H.U.
(D) Konopka G.
15. The objective of Social Legislation is
(A) To solve social problems.
(B) To bridge the gap between current needs and existing laws.
(C) To make new laws.
(D) To review the laws and problems.
16. Manifestation of repressed ideas in the form of finer things is
17. Who gave the concept of ‘Looking glass self’ ?
(A) Karl Marx (B) G.H. Mead
(C) C.H. Cooley (D) M.K. Gandhi
18. ‘Operationalization of Variables’ in social work research means
(A) Making the variables simple enough to understand
(B) Making the variables measurable
(C) Arranging the variables in a logical order
(D) Making the variables fit for research.
19. Which one of the following is not a correct matching ?
(A) Arya Samaj – Swami Dayanand Saraswati
(B) Bhrahma Samaj – Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(C) Prarthana Samaj – Ramabai Ranade
(D) Satysodhak Samaj – Jyothiba Phule
20. The book ‘Social Diagnosis’ was written by
(A) Mary Richmond
(B) Joseph Luft