With this post, I am sharing the IGNOU M.phil / Phd Social Work Syllabus for the Entrance Exam.
Discipline: Social Work
Part -A: Research Methodology • Basics of research in social work • Research methods in social work • Tools and methods of data collection • Data processing and analysis
Part -B: Social Work • Origin and Development of Social Work • Professional Social Work: Indian Perspectives • Basic Social Science Concepts • Social Work and Social Development • Social Work Practicum and Supervision • Social Work Research • Social Work Practicum • Case Work and Counseling: Working with Individuals • Social Group Work: Working with Groups • Community Organization Management for Community Development
Question Paper Pattern
- The entrance examination is based on MA in Social Work or MSW syllabus.
- Maximum Marks : 100
- Time Allowed : 3 hours
- The question paper comprises of essay type questions including long answers and short answer questions.
- Question paper will be divided into 2 parts comprising of 50 marks each.
- Part- A will be focused on Research Methodology whereas Part-B will be pertaining to Core Social Work discipline.
- Candidates will be asked to attempt all the questions.
Last year question paper of IGNOU M.phil Phd Entrance Exam December 4, 2016